Help & advice


All care leavers have a personal adviser from the Leaving Care Service who will;

  • give you advice and support;
  • write your Pathway Plan which will say what support and money you will get;
  • take part in reviews of your Pathway Plan;
  • make sure that you get the services that are listed in your Pathway Plan. 

Your personal adviser will support you until you are 21 years old (or 25 if in higher or further education or training).  

If you were a care leaver and are now over 21 (but not yet 25) you can get support from the Leaving Care Service if you decide to become a student.  For example you might be studying to get basic skills such as literacy and numeracy, or going to college or university. You will be given a personal adviser who will write a new Pathway Plan that will describe the support and money that you will get.   

For more information:   

Become is a voice and a champion for children and young people in the UK living in care.  Click here for their website